Saturday, February 06, 2010

Numb Hopes

9pm. days still not over. One of the longest day of my life in last one year. Snow storm has kept me stuck at home from last 2 days and has left enough snow pilled up to keep us in for atleast 2 more.
Sitting in the room with lights off and watching David Gilmour play. A long forgotten DVD that I found hidden deep down same as my long forgotten dreams that are flashing now in my eyes.

High Hopes.

"Encumbered forever by desire and ambition
There's a hunger still unsatisfied
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon
Though down this road we've been so many times"

long ago we had ambition. Ambition to do soemthing, to be something. desire to succeed, be different from others, run far ahead of everyone. hunger for fame, making a name for ourself.

Few years then, lost the appetitte, hunger's been satisfied with the junk, eyes too weary to look beyond, brain too crowded to think, derailed from the road that can lead to all.
High Hopes have all flown far beyond to some other side now.

"Running before time took our dreams away
Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground
To a life consumed by slow decay"


Lets play the next song.
Comfortably Numb

"When I was a child I had a FEVER My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain, you would not understand
This is not how I am.

I have become comfortably numb."


Done.
The song is over.

Its 9:20 nothing has changed. Its still snowing, its still dark, its still maddening. Feel like throwing up. I am stick to the stomach.
Oh wait Rick Wright comes in. Let me pick up some Broken China. But thats not worth. lets just leave, and carry on what I have been busy with "blankness".


P.S. I am not editing it, not reading it again, damn whatever, nevermind. The Child is grown the dream is gone.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home