Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Funcident – A Retrospect

I have been trying to find a pattern in all the incidents/accidents I have been going through, and have zeroed down on 2 points for this time:
1. All accidents happen outside the lifts, and
2. I only see married women

Yes, Lifts and me have a strange love and hate relation, all of my incidents happen usually in the lift or outside, be it getting in, or coming out of lift and walking in the wrong direction only to realize my office is on the other side, lifts are the only offender in all the accidents that I go through in my life.
Now the first point can be explained and can be cured (If I bother to take stairs to climb 6 floors), but second point is out of my hand and out of my bounds. I have no clue, why I only see married women; I mean who can explain the fact that only nice girl in the office that too in my project is married. How that’s for a coincident. I mean, where are all the unmarried, or ready to get married girls in the world. I think it’s been ages now that I have spoken to any suitable perfect looking girl (off course few things don’t count), I really mean going out kind of stuff. It’s not happening and it doesn’t even seem a possibility after what I have been through in last 24 hours:

#1: Monday Night

On Monday night, me and my roommate visited a temple, and as told by him, the priest was supposed to be a very good horoscope reader. We had gone there to meet him and consult him on few things and take some advice on our already turbulent present and gloomy future. My roommate seemed to know him pretty well, and asked him few things about his and his family. After spending few minutes with him, focus shifted on me. There are few times in my life when I feel as if I am the center of the universe, and it was definitely one of those occasions. And as not so superstitious I am, I half heartedly gave him my Birth Date. He took his notebook, a red pen and started drawing my horoscope, consulting some thick book, which seemed to be holding the future of millions of people. As he finished, he spent few more minutes to make sure he has done it correctly, cause as I looked at it, seemed all the writing and scribing was only on one part of the square and the other half was almost empty. Feeling of my life being half empty sprang back to me as I looked at him struggling and rechecking to make sure he is not doing anything wrong.

So he said “see yogesh, actually there is not much to tell. You have a very strong Jupiter and Sun, you are not manglik, which is good thing, but there’s nothing much to tell as that’s the only thing visible and strong. In short whatever effort you will make, you will get that much. The more you will put, the more you will get, but nothing will come your way on its own.”

Me, now sitting with my hands folded, “panditji koi kathinai jeevan main?”

“Not much, only thing is you will keep facing obstacles, you will keep walking over them, and that’s how your whole life will be.” He kept giving me those confused and unsure looks and I kept sulking sitting in my chair.

“aur, shaadi panditji” I somehow mustered courage and softly asked him.

“I am not sure about it. Keep looking you will get it. Surely by 2010, you would be married.” As he said those words, I go damn, WHAT!!, panditji, 2010 that’s in next century, nothing in this life time? And as a good mind reader he is, he understood my heartfelt expressions and said:
dekho, I cannot tell you for sure, I told you, you will have to put effort in everything in your life, so keep searching, you will get there soon.”

With low shoulders and broken spirit I left the place. As my mind raced though the proceedings and what all he said, it all seemed so ironical, I had gone their searching for some answers, but I came out with another twist in my already twisted life.

Next morning I woke up in a new day, thinking today I’ll make a new start, a new sun, a new breeze, today is my day, move over people, I am coming.

#2: Oops I did it again

With a spring in my foot, I reached my office, took my morning cup of French Dope (read coffee) and started walking towards the lift. It’s so much suspense and excitement when I am walking towards the lifts, thinking who I would see in the lift today, I hope all females this time, so many hopes and so many expectations. And so it be, altleast one of them came true today. As I stood outside, a nice lady was standing with me waiting for the lift to go up. Now, these lifts go up only one floor and that’s to the lobby, and one floor down to the parking. So by the time I arrived, she had already pressed ‘up’ button and was waiting for the lift to come. I joined her in the waiting. And so the unseen, unheard and unthinkable happened, simultaneously both the lifts came together, one going up and one going down. And as luck would have been I was standing on the side of the lift which was going up. So I thought (I never learn from my mistakes!!!) to give her some way to go in. But as the legend says, SO CLOSE YET SO FAR, she chose the lift that was going down, over the lift that was going up, that too at the time, when she was waiting for the lift to go up. Only God knows what he puts in those minds at the wrong place at the wrong time, that too with right person around.

#3: I am married!!!!!

Anyways, as life goes on in Metro, my life also a travel in Metro trains’ morning and evenings. Last night debacle and morning motivation, was still fresh in my mind, and I stood in the station all lost in the thoughts as my train arrived. I looked through the window, and saw a desi girl sitting inside. And I am like, Oh! My god, show some mercy, keep the seat vacant next to her. And as a firm believer of miracles, I saw it right in front of me. While many of the people in the train were standing, seat next to her was vacant, and I missed no opportunity to take full benefit of the situation. After 2 minutes of silence, I finally broke the ice and we sat there chatting. And it was all nice, easy; she’s doing some PhD, me in I/T kind of talk. I am happy and tickling inside; thanking God for every second he gave me, forgetting all my past hatchets with him, I was totally engrossed in her talk.

So she asked me, “how do u commute?”, and I am like “I take bus then metro, door to door kind of for me, so very comfortable, what about you?”
“Me, oh I sometime drive, or my husband picks me up!!!!” and suddenly as if train shriked on top of its voice, my brain just went dead, somehow I balanced and restarted in a safe mode.
“ok, great” and as God laughed with me in my mind, my station also came just at the right time.
“Hope to see you again, cya” I couldn’t stop laughing and passing a smile to myself.

Strange things happen to people, and life happened to me.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Vaibhav Bansal said...

hahahahahahaha.. I am not able to stop my laugh..hahahaha..Tu bhi na bus..Lalooo hi hai..hahah

What an amazing sequence of stories.."Aur SHAADI PANDIT JI "...hahahahaha..

You know hat you have the most precious thing with you..You know how to put life in a simpler way and to describe everything in Wonderful,Beautiful words..

Marriages are made in Heaven dude...Believe it or Not..But according to pandit ji,,Keep searching..hahahaha.
Maja aa gaya tera blog pad kar..hahaha..I am still laughing..

7:36 PM  
Blogger Yogesh said...

abe yaar serious topic hai... itna seriosuly likha tha.. aur tune comedy kar diya.. I should change the subject and make it A Introspect. Anyways... I could see u laughing all the way in the comment. :)

9:51 PM  
Blogger Vaibhav Bansal said...

sorry yaar..I know serious topic hai but I imagined you in that situation and then it became funny..:-)

1:09 AM  
Blogger Yogesh said...

haha... ya i know.. it was suppose to be a sarcastic outlook on things... next time ke liye main bahut hii dramatic,tear jerker likhoonga, itna emotional kii haste haste aankhon se paani aajayega ..:D

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you get married soon and find a life partner of your choice .... :)

3:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks, for the wishes, but please do leave your name next time. Thanks :)

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if leaving the name would help but you actually write very good .... i enjoyed reading your blogs and i am really impressed .... :) ...expecting a new one soon
Oh ! by the way what kind of girl are you looking for ;)

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can v talk on gtalk ... leave ur id if it is ok

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home