Friday, January 18, 2008

I live in my sub-consciousness – Jim Morrison

I am trying to note down some of the famous quotes from two of my most favorite movies. I just couldnt get them off my head, had to take them out somewhere.


Fight Club
"Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."
You buy furniture. You tell yourself, this is the last sofa I will ever need in my life. Buy the sofa, then for a couple years you're satisfied that no matter what goes wrong, at least you've got your sofa issue handled. Then the right set of dishes. Then the perfect bed. The drapes. The rug. Then you're trapped in your lovely nest, and the things you used to own, now they own you.
“The things you own end up owning you. It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."

“If you don’t know what you want to buy, you end up having a lot that you don't.”

“On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero. This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.”

“If I could wake up in a different place, at a different time, could I wake up as a different person?”

“Maybe self-improvement isn't the answer.... Maybe self-destruction is the answer.”

Lord Of War
There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?

The Doors
“There are things known, and there are things unknown, And in between are the Doors”

“This is the strangest life I've ever known”

“I believe in a long, prolonged derangement of the senses to attain the unknown. Our pale reasoning hides the infinite from us.”

“Hatred is a very underestimated emotion.”

Wall Street

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind. And greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA. Thank you very much.

Bud Fox: How much is enough?

Gordon Gekko: It's not a question of enough, pal. It's a zero sum game, somebody wins, somebody loses. Money itself isn't lost or made, it's simply transferred from one perception to another.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home