Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Time to buy some BOXES

Me and my friend Rakesh met this weekend, just old college friends get together and topic shifted from other college buddies to how Japan has revolutionized the world of manufacturing, setting high standards not only in production but also processes and techniques.
And then something strange happened when he asked me do u know how a steam engine works. The most important, very basic and probably very elementary of the machine designed by man. Strange though and I agreed that I don’t remember anything that I read, except for something called as cylinder and piston and some energy flow that moves the piston to generate some other kind of energy.
Shameful I thought, and felt more humiliated thinking of the amount of time I spent in front of internet but still know so little.
Think of the discoverer, innovators, scientists in the beginning of 18th and 19th century who made something which was at that time totally inconceivable. The effect those innovations had, is something that has changed the world.
Exploration that they did to find the land of spices and gold, efforts in the field of science, mathematics, medicine is just what today’s world is made up of. Off course things have improved and changed in last 100 years but remember its always easy to eat served food. It is what it takes to make it.
I dont know what i want to derive out of this, but I always used to believe that I like to think out of the box but now feel that my box is just too small.
May be the time has come to buy some new BOXES.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home